Can you believe we’re almost halfway through 2018? In dance competition world, that means that those who didn’t make it to Nationals are starting to prepare for next year’s regional competitions. And, if you are going to Nationals, be sure to keep the 2019 regional dance competitions in the back of your mind so you can come back again next year even better than ever!
Coming back to the world of competitions after not placing at regionals can be tough. You and your dancers likely worked your behinds off trying to create the perfect routine for regionals, and not placing can put a huge damper on your morale. However, we have a few important words of advice to remember after a tough loss:
- Dance competitions are not just a place to win awards and trophies. They are a place to learn new things, show off your skills, and have fun. That means that even if you didn’t place, you still got something out of competing.
- Competing is scary! Putting yourself on stage in front of hundreds of strangers takes a lot of courage, and you are incredibly brave. You are even braver for coming back next year.
- If you tried your hardest and had fun, then that is all that matters. The only time you truly “lose” is when you let the defeat crush you so much you give up entirely.
- It’s okay to be sad about not placing or not going to Nationals. But remember that the sadness will pass and then you can focus on coming back better and stronger than before. As long as you keep trying you will always be getting better.
- Competing is empowering, whether you place or not. Everyone is stronger and better equipped for life when they leave a competition, regardless of the results.
The Star Systems Dance Competition Difference
Star Systems is a family-based dance competition company with over 30 years in the industry. Our owner has been a dance student, dance instructor, and studio owner and has approached Star Systems with the needs of parents, teachers, studio owners, and most importantly, the dancers in mind. We strive to create a fun, family-friendly environment that is low-stress and exciting for everyone involved. We host kids dance competitions all over the country, and would love to see you and your dancers at one of our events!
We add dates and stops throughout the year, but we currently have a few 2019 regional dance events secured. For the most accurate and updated events, see our list of dance competitions for 2019. Currently we have dance competitions locked in for the following cities:
- Hartford, CT
- St. Louis, MO
- Lakeland, FL
- Houston, TX
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Kannapolis, NC
- East Brunswick, NJ
- Indianapolis, IN
- Raleigh, NC
- Hayward, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Redondo Beach, CA
- Youngstown, OH
- Worcester, MA
- Hot Springs, AR
- Overland Parks, KS
- Rochester, NY
- Birmingham, AL
- Athens, GA
- Lenoir, NC
- Charleston, WV
- Supply, NC
Our regional dance competitions are the perfect opportunity for both solo dancers and groups to showcase their talent without having to travel very far. We do our best to provide kids dance competitions all over the country, and we encourage you to check back for more dates and locations to see if we’ll be in your neck of the woods anytime soon.
While we are primarily a youth dance competition, we offer 9 age divisions ranging from 3 years old to over 40 years old, and would love to invite any and all passionate dancers to compete with us. You can check out our full list of dance competition rules here!